(3-4 quart crockpot or stovetop): IF frozen, thaw completely in fridge. Crockpot: Empty bag into crockpot. Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours OR until beef is tender. Stovetop: Empty bag into a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, approx. 2 hours, OR until beef is tender, stirring occasionally and adding additional water if necessary. Both: Ladle into bowls. If desired, top with a sprinkle of French fried onions (included). Suggested Sides: Our Savoury Herb Quick Bread, a light salad.
Instant Pot Instructions
We used a 6qt Instant Pot (a true one-pot wonder) for FULL and SPLIT orders.
- Thaw in fridge.
- Empty stew mixture into the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Lock the lid and seal the steam valve.
- Select the “meat stew” option.
- Let the Instant Pot do a 10-minute Natural Release before manually releasing the valve.
- Once pressure has released, turn the lid and open the Instant Pot. Stew will be very hot and may still be boiling.
- If you prefer a thicker stew, you can use the “sauté” feature to cook off the desired amount of liquid.
Safety Tip – when releasing the valve after cooking put a tea towel over the valve and wear oven mitts to prevent water spray and scalds
Diced beef, diced tomatoes, diced onion, squash, black beans, fresh mushrooms, beer, beef broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cumin, French fried onions
|Amount Per Serving|