(3-4 quart crockpot or stovetop): If frozen, thaw completely in fridge. Peel potatoes & cut into bite-sized pieces. 3-4 Quart Crockpot: Place potatoes, carrot mixture, and chicken in crockpot. Stir. Cover & cook on Low 7-8 hours. Turn to High heat, quickly stir in coconut milk, cover & cook 30 min. Stovetop: Place potatoes, carrot mixture, and chicken in a pot. Add 1 c. water (Split Orders add 1/2 c. water). Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat & simmer, stirring occasionally, approx. 1 hour. Add water if necessary. Stir in coconut milk & bring to a simmer before serving. Suggested Sides: Rice.
Crockpot Chicken Curry: Instant Pot Instructions
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how we can quickly get slow-cooked, delicious flavour in minutes with an Instant Pot. I used my 6qt Instant Pot for a FULL order.
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place 1 Tbsp. oil in the Instant Pot and press “sauté.”
- Place chopped potatoes, carrot mixture & chicken in Instant Pot and stir. Sauté for 10 min.
- Turn off the sauté feature.
- Add ½ cup of water. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot (deglaze) to get all the good bits!
- Lock the lid in place and seal the valve. Pressure cook on “high” for 6 min.
- Use the Quick Release Method* to bring the Instant Pot Pressure back to normal.
- Stir in the coconut milk and raisins. Allow to cool and sir well before serving.
*Quick Release – manually releasing the pressure in the Instant Pot at the end of the cooking by opening the pressure valve. Safety Tip – put a tea towel over the valve and wear oven mitts to prevent water spray and scalds
Diced chicken, potatoes, carrots, apples, coconut milk, diced onion, raisins, water, jalapeno peppers, garlic, *flour, curry powder, chicken bouillon, cumin, salt. *Gluten-aware option, substitute cornstarch
|Amount Per Serving|