Diced beef, carrots, leeks, shallots, potatoes, marinara sauce, tomato paste, garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, bay leaf, pepper, thyme, cornstarch, *beef broth, red wine, rosemary, kosher salt. *Gluten-free beef broth available; please call ahead.
IF frozen, thaw in fridge. Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks. Crockpot: Place all ingredients into crockpot. FULL add 2 1/2 c. water (SPLIT add 1 1/4 c. water). Stir. Cover and cook on Low approx. 9 hours OR until potatoes are tender. Stovetop: Place all ingredients in a pot. FULL add 3 c. water (SPLIT add 1 1/2 c. water). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently approx. 2 hours; stir occasionally and add water if necessary. Remove bay leaf and skim off any excess fat before serving. Serve with biscuits or warm bread to mop up the sauce.
Burgundy Beef Stew: Instant Pot Instructions
We used a 6qt Instant Pot (a true one-pot wonder).
- Thaw in fridge.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks.
- Empty beef, tomato mixture, and potatoes into Instant Pot. Stir.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water
- Lock the lid and seal the steam valve.
- Select the “meat stew” option.
- Let the Instant Pot do a 10-minute Natural Release before manually releasing the valve.
- Once pressure has released you can turn the lid and open the Instant Pot. Stew will be very hot and may still be boiling.
- If you prefer a thicker stew, you can use the “sauté” feature to cook off the desired amount of liquid.
Safety Tip – when releasing the valve after cooking, put a tea towel over the valve and wear oven mitts to prevent water spray and scalds.
|Amount Per Serving|